1st Line Support Analyst
Job Reference: 72627
Job type: Permanent
Our client based in Guildford is seeking a 1st Line Support person to perform 1st line duties for the Information Systems Service Desk in accordance with all Service Desk procedures and SLA’s, providing support for internal users across multiple sites.
• Receive calls from users in relation to any technical incident or query
• Accurate logging of helpdesk submissions into the IT Group’s Service Desk tool along with full notes of actions taken
• Preliminary investigation of all requests via telephone, email or remote admin tools, resolving or escalating as necessary using generic fault finding techniques
• Continued development of SOP’s for ‘quick win’ solutions where tickets can be resolved before escalation
• Monitoring of Service Desk email systems and phones – Taking calls to the Group’s DDI
• Regular review of escalated tickets to ensure they are maintaining Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
• Administration of general IT activities, including documentation and procurement
• Other tasks as directed by the Service Delivery Manager/Head of IT
Skills & Experience
• Diploma or NVQ in IT related or communications subject desirable but not essential
• Awareness of ITIL or equivalent would be an advantage
• General experience with using computers
• Previous customer facing role
• Strong communications/telephone skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Knowledge of Windows operating system
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, primarily Word/Excel/Outlook
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to work under pressure
• Able to demonstrate company mindsets; accountability, one team, customers and projects rule and audacity
Full time. Hours will be on a shift rota basis to cover a period between 8am and 6pm.
Index Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you would like to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion".
Back to Results