Engineering Systems Support Officer
Job Reference: 12127
Job type: Contract
£18.00 per hour
Role title Engineering Systems Support Officer Business / Function
Reports to role EDO Systems & Support Manager
Global Reporting level (CEO=1) Local work level and Salary range Level 3
To increase Engineering effectiveness by supporting, improving, standardising, and documenting and our business systems and processes.
To support plant based Engineers in the management of their systems, documentation, and compliance
To improve, exploit and provide support in the Engineering IT systems available.
To provide data collation and facilitation for Risk Based Inspection, Ageing Plant Studies, Alarm Management and Sustenance Reviews.
• Ownership, maintenance and standardisation of the data within SAP Plant Maintenance working with Project, Maintenance and Reliability teams to ensure data is accurate and reliable.
• Support and improve the Engineering Information Systems including electronic, paper and processes. Working with all functions to understand what engineering data, and documents our engineering processes require and ensure they are easily accessible and secure.
• Working with Engineers, develop and maintain Routine Maintenance (RM) documents, Job Method Sheets (JMS), Equipment registers and other plant engineering related documentation in order to capture knowledge and standardise processes.
• Provide data collation and facilitation for Risk Based Inspection & Ageing Plant Studies, Alarm Management and Sustenance Reviews, using a varied range of data sources (Aprotec/Prime-Serve/PI Sheets/ SAP-PM). Ensure that reports from these are issued in a timely manner.
• To provide support in annual maintenance outages for tasks related to valves, liaising between the plant and the valve providers and using the data from the valve providers to predict future lifespan/maintenance schedules.
• Support the Local Engineering Teams in driving HSE and Quality Compliance for the area, ensuring that the right data is being measured, tracking actions and updating data to maintain control.
• Ownership and collation of the Weekly/Monthly Measures of Performance (MoPs) data to drive improved performance and standards within Engineering.
• Provide support and facilitation in the Lean & Operational Excellence tools for the Engineering Group – Business Process Mapping, Fishbones, A3s, Root Cause Analysis, Role Profiling, Standard Work & 5S to drive continuous improvement.
• Provide support in the generation of meaningful reports for financial analysis of maintenance budgets / spend. Provide procurement and expediting support for Engineering items.
• Provide cross cover for other Engineering Systems Support Officers (team of 4 people)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• A strong level of knowledge and experience in an Engineering environment
• A good level of knowledge of IT tools used in Engineering, in particular SAP knowledge would be advantageous
• A good level of knowledge of Microsoft Office tools – In particular; Advanced Excel functions, MS Word & MS SharePoint
• Ability to read & comprehend Engineering Drawings and Documentation
• Problem Solving Techniques (RCA, Fishbones, 5 Why’s) and how/when to use them
• Operational Excellence/Lean Techniques – 5S, Standard Work, A3’s
• Compliance and Quality procedures, methods and audits
• A desire to learn new skills quickly and effectively
• Clear and effective communication
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Ability to self-manage
• Prioritisation & Workload Planning
• Engagement and Influencing skills
• Conceptual thinking & Innovation
• Confidence in Training & Coaching others
• Willing to take ownership and share knowledge/experience
• Data Collation & Accuracy with a keen eye for detail
• Experience in Engineering activities and Compliance.
• Experience in Continuous Improvement Tools and Techniques
Critical success factors & key challenges
• Identifying and delivering practical solutions to real problems, with a focus on the customer
• Ownership of issues, and the implementation of robust processes/solutions to resolve, with an emphasis on ‘keeping it simple’
• Tenacity, to keep progressing even in difficult situations
• Ability to embrace change/new thinking and work effectively with a certain level of ambiguity.
• A passion for exploiting the latent capabilities of our people and systems, seeking out and replicating examples of best practise
• Effective communication skills and the ability to influence and drive engagement in the engineering/manufacturing community
• Ensuring that the Engineering and Information Systems strategies are integrated and mutually supporting
• Confidence in facilitating meetings with cross functional attendees/subject matter experts
• Flexible in approach and ability to work with people at all levels of the business in a professional manner.
Critical leadership competencies (2014 Syngenta Leadership Model)
• Creativity and innovation
• Focus on customers
• Execution & results orientation
• Establish trust
• Learning agility
• Engage and inspire
This role is part office based and part plant based (with potential for open staircases, heights etc.) and will require a certain degree of physical fitness.
Back to Results