Technical Services Support
Job Reference: 12130
Job type: Contract
£181.00 per day
ROLE TITLE: TECHNICAL SERVICES SUPPORT
REPORTS TO: TECHNICAL SERVICES SUPPORT LEAD
DIVISION: TECHNICAL SERVICES
FUNCTION: TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS SERVICES
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide comprehensive, consistent, and efficient support to department and projects within Technical Services in order to ensure the successful achievement of company and departmental business objectives.
• Responsible to provide support to Technical Services teams based on defined processes / work instruction to the required quality and expected throughput
• Responsible to identify gaps between customer requirements (and expectations) vs agreed process and instructions.
• Once gaps are identified the post holder is responsible to notify customers and process owner of such gaps and facilitate corrective actions
• Responsible to manage task delivery against agreed timescale
• The support activities included in (but not limited to) the scope of this role are
o Purchasing requisition and receipting
o Maintaining and updating various databases
o Updating and Maintaining QPulse
o Timesheet administrator
o Bank Receipting & Mapping
o Updating Customer Delivery Management workbooks
o Pool car administration
o Airport Remote Configuration and Management Service administrator
o Monitoring and actioning requests from multiple inboxes
o Updating and actioning safeguarding logbooks
o Arrange for repairs to be sent to contractors & chasing outstanding repairs
o Various reporting
o Updating, creating and closing relevant work orders
o Programme concessions/ waivers
o Update Data Delivery Packs
o Security Risk Assessments
o Air Traffic Operational Telephone Network Administrator
o TAD Bookings
o TAD Faults
o Test Equipment Calibration Support
o Temporary Engineering Instructions
o Index of Maintenance Publications & Master Asset Information Database Updating
• Responsible to co-ordinate diaries of senior business area stakeholders, including diary management and ad hoc requests as required
QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Minimum GCSEs in Maths and English
• Excellent knowledge of IT applications – Office 365, SharePoint etc.
• Good knowledge of Company and its procedures.
• Knowledge (or ability to learn) of Supply Chain Management procurement tools (ARIBA)
• Knowledge (or ability to learn) of SAP functionality
• Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail and an ability to follow well defined processes.
• Ability to prioritise tasks according to business needs.
• The individual will be held in high regard by colleagues, noted for her/his credibility.
• Must be able to work to strict timescales and adapt quickly and easily to changes in tasks.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team, sharing knowledge and resolving issues as a team.
• Must be able to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences but understand the importance of listening and seeking feedback.
• Excellent networking skills to establish key contacts around the organisation, valuing them and using them effectively to foster enduring relationships.
• Confident manner, capable of exercising good judgement and sensitively dealing with confidential matters.
Back to Results